When the Moon is in Virgo or a Waning Moon
- Yellow ribbon or cord
- Yellow candle and candle holder (white candle can be used as a substitute)
What to Do
Some time ago I read about some knot magick which was for getting healthy. I jotted down the bones of this and then re-worked it to what I am giving you here. Please note, I don’t believe that this spell by itself is going to have you toned up and eating better, but I do believe that in combination with a healthy diet and positive focus this spell will certainly help you to stay on track to get to your dream body! Remember that all spells should have a ‘spiritual plan’ that we are working with, so healthy eating and exercise would need to be on the agenda along with your spell (even if you aimed to start these things once you’ve done your spell).
Now collect a length of yellow ribbon or cord and a yellow candle (you can use another colour if it speaks to you more for this focus). Wrap your ribbon or cord around your waist like you are taking your measurement. This gives you the length of your ribbon/cord to use for the spell. Charge up your candle with two hands, seeing yourself with your dream body, feeling how healthy you are, seeing it all happening so easily for you, etc. Once you are happy, place your candle in a candle holder and light it up. Next, pick up your ribbon/cord and as you announce each knot verbally you want to actually make a knot in your ribbon/cord (you could also add beads or crystals between your knots if you wanted to as well). You want your knots to be roughly evenly spaced.
- The Invocation (Feel free to tweak the words to suit)
- By the knot of one, my overeating is done. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of two, exercise I regularly do. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of three, I eat fat free. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of four, I hydrate more. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of five, feeling more alive! (tie a knot)
- By the knot of six, my metabolism does fix. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of seven, treating my body like heaven. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of eight, being healthy is my fate. (tie a knot)
- By the knot of nine, success is mine! (tie a knot)
- As I will it, so mote it be. BLESSED BE!
Lay your ribbon, which should now have 9 knots in it, around your candle in a circle. Leave your candle to burn all the way out. Once the candle is finished I like to leave everything in place until the next morning, so the ribbon can charge up. Then it is up to you what you do with this knotted ribbon. You could hang it somewhere in the kitchen to remind you of your focus when you are planning and making meals. You could hang it where you do exercise or carry it on your person or hang it in your bedroom or create a special little altar for your health which you add your ribbon to along with other things that represent what you are doing for your health, perhaps an image of yourself when you were your ideal weight previously, a piece of Rose Quartz, etc (remember an altar like this should contain some self-love to help you get to your goal). xx