Learn To Connect With The Sabbat of Lughnasadh
Connect with this sabbat in creative and practical ways by making your own smudge bundles. Learn how to ask the plants respectfully to harvest them and discover the best ways to create your own smudge bundles. Make a smudge bundle on the day to take home and dry. Plus connect to the God Lugh through a powerful meditation.
The eight Sabbats of a Witch represent the turning of the Wheel of the year and honour not only the current season but also the stages in the eternal life cycle of the Goddess and God. Lughnasadh, or Lammas, is a Witches’ Sabbat that originates from the Celtic Sun God, Lugh, who presided over the first grain harvest of the year. It is the time of the first harvest as the plants of Spring wither and drop their fruit. As the days grow shorter and the nights longer, the God is considered to gradually lose his strength. In the cyclical year of the Witch, Lammas marks the beginning of the decline of the powers of the God as the days grow shorter and Winter approaches.
The Sabbat of Lughnasadh (Lammas) course
- 10am-1pm Saturday February 1, 2020
- No Restrictions, however our FREE Introduction to Witchcraft seminar is the perfect precursor
$60 Cost consists of:
- $30 enrolment fee
- $30 course balance
- PayPal (account, credit card)
- Cash, VISA, MasterCard
What is Provided
- Printed notes
- Materials to make a smudge bundle
What to Bring
- Pen and paper
- 3 hours
- 18 Students
Next Course Starts
- To Be Announced
NB: Purchase of this product confirms you have read and accepted our College terms of service
This course delves further into the meaning behind the Sabbat of Lughnasadh and some of the traditions and correspondences that are connected to the first of our harvest festivals. Be inspired with how to create your own celebration at home for this Sabbat!
This course may be studied individually or as part of the Embracing Witchcraft Certificate Program
- What is the Wheel of the Year?
- What is the Sabbat of Lughnasadh all about?
- Traditional associations/correspondences for the sabbat
- Be inspired for your very own Lughnasadh altar
- Rituals, spells and customs for the Sabbat of Lughnasadh
- Connect with Deity associated with Lughnasadh: the Goddess Dana and the God Lugh
- Connect with this Sabbat creatively by making smudge bundles
About Your Facilitator
Amanda is the founder of Mystical Dragon and a White Witch who currently practises as a solitary witch. She has studied witchcraft extensively and been a practitioner of it for over 20 years. Previously a High Priestess of a Coven she now leads Mystical Dragon’s Open Circles. Amanda has developed and taught many courses on witchcraft.
An eclectic Witch, Amanda is passionate about her Craft and is happy to share her knowledge and experience with you as she truly cares about her students.